Monday 6 October 2008

Craft Fairs Galore

I remember writing on Mumsnet.com last year asking whether anyone was aware of Craft Fairs/Exhibitions in London. I didn't get a response so I deleted my query as I was a little embarrased. A year later, I'm much more informed after reading lots of crafting blogs and noseying (is there such word??) around.

I've been informed by Terry Howes (a talented jeweler who uses crocheting techniques to make jewelry, how unique), who has a studio at Cockpitt Art in Holborn, that Somerset House in London, will be holding the Origins Craft Fair for two weeks starting on 7 October 2008. There is an £8 entrance fee though, but I'm sure it's worth visiting.

Also the Knitting and Stitching Show will be starting on the 9 October 2008 at Alexander Palace, which I'm planning on going this weekend. Yay!

On the 6th of December 2008, there will be the Wemake Christmas Craft Fair, where my friend Gracie and I will be selling Homemade Cakes and Truffles. There will be many talented crafters selling their handmade goods. Gracie and I have both been working quite hard doing our R&D for the fair, which is why I haven't been knitting and sewing as often as I should be (my to do list is very long now), but I have one and half weeks off in Christmas to catch up. You can see some photos and read about this on our blog, Simply Scrumblicious.

If anyone is aware of more craft fairs, please share.

8 comments:

maria said...

I wonder if this is the quickest comment ever. My google reader says you posted seconds ago!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Oh Gosh, that was quick Maria, I was just editing it a second ago. My lunch time is almost up now...

Anonymous said...

I was thinking this only a few weeks ago, and though www.hippyshopper.com I found Craft in Focus which hold craft fairs in and around London. Take a look at www.craftinfocus.com

The next one seems to be the 26th Otober in Crowthorne, which is near Braknell. I know not in town, but may be worth the treck out?

Anonymous said...

hi, the capelet is in a book callde Thrown Together by Kim Hargreaves, but the patterns are all adults.

Kyoko said...

Can't wait to go to Ally Pally!!! hurray!! I look forward to your cupcake stand in Wemake London :DD

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Good luck in the craft show - I am sure that you will do really well especially as it is right before Christmas!

Anonymous said...

The fair was fun, my little moster is 12 though!

angharad handmade said...

Hope the preparations for Wemake are going well! I really enjoyed taking part in the last one, and it was great to meet you. I'm hoping I'll be able to come to London for the day on the 6th to say hello.