Monday 5 May 2008

Long weekend in Essex & Kent

Yes, I know Essex, actually Southend on Sea may not be the most glamorous place in England, but that is where we (my husband, daughter and I) spent our weekend. It turned out to be very enjoyable, lovely weather, beautiful sea and of course wonderful company. On Bank Holiday Monday we spent the day in Bluewater, in Kent, buying some finishing touches to my daughter's bedroom (a bedguard), she should be moving into her new bedroom tonight (fingers cross). We spent most of the day outside of Bluewater doing this:

There were some beautiful beach huts in Bluewater designed by celebrities. I really love the nautical trend at the moment. I digged out some Ikea fabric I bought earlier which I'm trying to get some inspiration for making something out of it. I'm thinking of a bag. Any suggestions?

I've also found time to finish off my coasters. I bought the fabric from Ikea and my Mother asked me why I didn't sew round coasters instead of a square ones. Well the answer is that I can only sew in straight lines....Hee! Hee! It made her laugh though. Any tips for sewing in curves are welcome.

2 comments:

VSJensen said...

those coasters are amazing! love them!

Anonymous said...

I too love these coasters theyre so cool! Are you willing to form a group knit and se city girl? regards Lisa x