Monday 12 May 2008

Crafting Tutorials from the 1980s



I've found some old arts and craft tutorials from a Hong Kong life style magazine which is probably from the late 1980s. I use to cut out all the arts and crafts pages but never got around making them. Yes, I know it was almost 20 years ago, but I was only 9 or 10 years old. Hee! Hee! The magazine is out of print now. So does that mean that I could (I mean attempt to) do a tutorial? I guess it is ok? I need to to buy the materials and read through all the Chinese words. I think this may take some time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tutorial would be a fun idea! I have collected magazines and craft books from the early 70's that are full of great ideas and when making them up using fun fabrics. Owls were really big back then too!

VSJensen said...

wow, those photos look great!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Thanks for your comments Two Hippos and Varenia. I've had these for a while now. I am planning a tutorial, but finding it difficult to find the material here in London.

Two Hippo, any chance of sharing your retro tutorials??? :>

Anonymous said...

Yes please do a tutorial from the 1980's Chinese ones. That would be terrific! And don't forget to post some photos of Mum's beret. (Gee, I sound a little bossy, don't I!?) I love the robot tissue holders!