Sunday 13 April 2008

London Marathon and Curtains

It was the London Marathon today and our roads were blocked for most of today as we live on the route. Yep, it was pouring down with rain, typical London weather.

As we were unable to go anywhere and we couldn't be bothered to join the crowd on the tube to Central London, we mostly stayed at home after they passed our area. I took this opportnity to make my daughter's curtains (her bedroom is currently being made over). We got a quote from a North London curtain shop and it was just over £100!!! So I thought I'll have a go.... the fabric was under £20 from a local fabric store and it only took me 2-3 hours (yep this is my first time making curtains). Here are the 'before and after' photos:

I'm really please with the end result. My Mother Inlaw wanted to sew the curtain for us as she didn't think my small Janome was up to the job (she has an Industrial Brother). My Mother didn't think I was up to it. Hee! Hee! However, they were both impress with my attempt. So I'm a happy bunny.

No comments: