Thursday 4 June 2009

Bubble Border Cardigan and Chocolate Brownies

As Jo, from 'Today we are....' , would put it, here is my FFP:
Yay, I've finally finished my Rascal's cardigan, yep, the one I keep going on about...hee hee hee. She tried it on and it fits, the only problem is that it is so hot here. Hopefully the weather will cool down here in London. I started this project because I wanted to learn the basic of garment knitting, such as pocket, collars, and the bubble border. It looks complicated, but is actually really easy. The finishing is not that good, so I'm looking for a finishing technique workshop.

After knitting the cardigan I treated myself to a bowl of chocolate brownies with yogurt and fruit sauce. Yum. I used to eat this when I was carrying my Rascal. It has lots of calcium and iron and no I'm not preggers. I just felt like eating this again. Yummy......

8 comments:

Sarah said...

It's very cute - and I'm sure there'll be cooler weather along soon!

I went to a great finishing course at Loop in Islington. I think they run them quite regularly.

Ling said...

Rascal looks super cute and I don't think the finishing looks too bad. Having said that, I went on a finishing course and it has made a big difference to the final look of my projects.

Hmmm - chocolate brownies..... Yummy

Kyoko said...

You are totally making me hungry. And well done for completing the cardigan. Looks really lovely! You can now start new projects :D
Thankfully the weather is now cold so that she can wear the cardi.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a pretty cardigan!! Love the bubble border - gorgeous.

Ali said...

Your cardigan looks wonderful, and I think the temperature's right now!

Your finishing looks fine from here, but if you want a course recommendation - I did one on finishing at Loop with Linda (?Marveng?) which was wonderful.

angharad handmade said...

It's so pretty - I really like the fluted edges. And the weather is a fair bit cooler this end of the week, so I hope your girl is getting to wear it!

maria said...

Lovely cardi, the stitches look tiny, it must have taken ages.

UK lass in US said...

Look at all of those tiny stitches. It looks great.