Monday 15 December 2008

Back to My Knitting and Something Old

Out of all the crafts I have say that knitting is one of my favourite, its so relaxing and you can easily knit and/or purl all your stress away stitch by stitch. As the weather is getting colder and Christmas is coming, things at home has become a bit stressful, so I'm glad I have my knitting to keep me sane.

I have also started using a tissue cozy I knitted last year and which I have forgot to blog about...oh gosh how did that happen?? The pattern can be found here, the every talented lady behind Zakka Life. I made some small adjustments to the length and added a pink gingham lining. It has been lying in my craft draw for while, but I now use it to protect my mobile phone. At a recent craft fair (it was a private corporate one, so I can't give the name of the company) a stall holder saw the cozy and wanted a bright pink one, so I gave her the pattern.

My daughter's cardigan is going well so far....touch wood. Here is a photo of the progress (she has dark hair, her head is there....Hee! Hee!):

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Knitting to me is so relaxing - I try to knit every evening - part of a relax and wind down process. Personally I think everyone should take it up for their mental health! I can't believe how neatly you keep your tissues - so pretty - I just stuff mine in my pocket ... naughty naughty!

Joanne said...

Very cute holder. Lord I wish my knitting was better, but I'll stick with the crochet :) Hope the stress abates sooner rather than later...

Kyoko said...

Nice idea! The cardigan is going really fantastically! It looks very good :D
I always try to wear it before it complete too....
May be after the hectic Christmas, we should get together for a nice relaxing knitting afternoon... :D

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hiya!

Thanks for the kind comments! Very much appeciated. I was bit stressed out because my rascal was ill and taking longer than usual to get better which was very worrying. She is now better and back to her rascalness now..Hee! Hee!

Hope all your Christmas plans runs smoothly.

Mary