Monday 11 May 2009

Hubby's Birthday

Didn't we have a lovely weekend! I took Friday off to bake a cake for my hubby and to take my daughter to her reception class which is my first time in the school term. My hubs have taken her a few times already, but as I start work at 8.30am I don't really get the chance. It was fun as I went into her classroom to see the caterpillars and had a little chat with her teachers. Here is a photo of the birthday cake which hubs and Rascal helped decorate:

Hubby is not too keen on Birthdays means he's getting older you see (being the wrong side of thirty), but hey look at Hugh Jackman....he looks good for forty something. Hee Hee Hee!

Rascal's cardigan is nearly done! Just need to knit one more side and finish the sewing up. I tried it on the Rascal and I think it may be a bit too small. Hey, kids grow up SO FAST! Or I KNIT TOO SLOW. Hee hee Hee! Next time I will knit two size larger than her age/size.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

He should be keen on birthdays with a cake like that! Magnificent!

Tina Peacock said...

Wow, what a gorgeous cake!!
I know what you mean about growing quickly. I've knitted stuff for Molly & by the time I'm sewing it up, it's too small! x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Happy Birthday to Jax! Looks like delicious cake!

Tina Peacock said...

Thanks for your comment! I think you can never be pushy if they are asking to learn something. Embrace it & encourage it! That's what I say...pennies permitting of course! x

Ling said...

That cake looks so yummy! I would celebrate a birthday every day!

Anonymous said...

yummy cake! You have also won the giveaway, so could you e-mail me your address and I will post them out this week. R

Annie B said...

LOVELY cake - happy birthday to your man!

have you been to iknit lately? would be nice to hook up...

Ling said...

Hi! I'm up for meeting at especially at IKnit. My e-mail is lingy143@hotmail.com. I could also find you on Ravelry!

Jackie said...

what a romantic day ! may i wish him a happy belated birthday, can i have a piece of cake...hehe

maria said...

The cake looks delicious. I wish I was just the wrong side of 30, I'm just the wrong side of 40!